The International Opal Jewellery Design Awards is one of the most prestigious opal jewellery design competitions in the world. The Awards are biannual and are presented during the International Opal Jewellery Gala Awards Dinner, the next being Friday the 28th July, 2017 in Lightning Ridge NSW, Australia.
The Awards are run by the International Opal Jewellery Design Awards Association (IOJDAA) and were established to promote free-form and or undulating surface opals in exquisite jewellery.
View images of all 2015 IOJDAA entrant's pieces.
There are no limitations on who can enter or the number of entrants. The Awards now attract world class entries from Australia, Europe, Asia, Canada and the USA.
Entrants may be:
Entrants must state the name of the designer and manufacturing jeweller so both receive recognition. Jewellers (professional), Apprentices (currently engaged in a jewellery course) and Non-Professionals are invited to submit original, completed pieces of jewellery.
Download the IOJDAA 2017 Entry Form here.
Outlined below are the Award categories for 2017.
• Jewellery Hand Sketches
• Carving Awards - Professional and Non Professional
• $2000 Christine Roussel Incentive Award
(Sponsored by Michelle and Danny Hatcher)
• Alf and Margarite White Memorial Non Professional Award (Sponsored by the White Family)
• Daywear to the value of $500
• Evening wear in excess of $500
• Fantasy Award
• Prestige Professional Award (Sponsored by Down to Earth Opals)